Health Related Updates
- Facecoverings are required on campus. See the full Face Covering Policy.
- Before returning to campus, you should following these general guidelines (PDF) and you must be able to respond "no" to all these questions about your health (PDF).
- To protect the students from being exposed to high risk, off campus situations we instituted a curfew for on-campus residence students to be back on campus by 9:00 p.m. This will be in effect until September 8 and then will be re-evaluated.
Academic Calendar Updates
- Fall Semester Classes start Tuesday, August 25, 2020.
- We will observe Labor Day as a holiday (no classes). If possible, please try to remain on campus or in the immediate area during the holiday break, so as not to expose yourself and others to the virus.
- We will hold classes on Friday, October 23.
- Beginning no later than Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving), we will move all coursework online while keeping campus open.
- November 30 - December 4 will be our final week of regular classes (online) and we will hold final exams December 7-10 also online.
- We will retain the same deadlines for refunds, dropping classes, mid-term alters and graduation applications.
- Plans Following Thanksgiving
- Classes will be online following Thanksgiving, but the campus will remain open. We will be able to plan for a healthy campus environment following the Thanksgiving break. While many of you will likely remain home after Thanksgiving, many of you may need to return to campus for jobs, essential employee roles on campus, or athletics.
- We recognize that most of our international students will need to stay on-campus. Others may elect to return because our halls are a positive learning environment for you.
- In total, we anticipate reduced density on campus after Thanksgiving, and with classes online, there will be reduced interactions, which--when paired with guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health and the University of Minnesota’s Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP)--will allow us to ensure the safety of our campus.
These adjustments prioritize the wellbeing of all and allow us the flexibility to adapt as necessary depending on public health guidance.
- The Wellness Center is closed to the public. Employees and students by appointment only. Online sign-up, FAQ and Sunrise Plan on the Wellness Center website. Questions, contact Kamille Meyer 218-281-8423 or [email protected].