The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reported illnesses that have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases. Symptoms include fever, cough and shortness of breath.
Also see: Daily Health Screening (PDF)
What to Do If You Are Sick
If you are experiencing coronavirus symptoms, we encourage you to:
- Self-isolate to help prevent spreading the disease
- Call UMC Health Services at 218-281-8512
- If you come to UMC Student Health with coronavirus symptoms, DO NOT ENTER. Stop and call 218-281-8512 and someone will direct you further.
- Altru Clinic (400 S Minnesota St, Crookston, MN) - 218-281-9100
- RiverView Health (323 S Minnesota St, Crookston, MN) - 218-281-9200
- State of Minnesota Testing
At Home Testing
The State of Minnesota is proud to offer fast and accurate COVID-19 saliva testing, at no cost, to any person who feels they need a test.
- Order your test from Vault. The test kit will arrive at your home via expedited shipping. (Recommend to get 2 tests)
- Log on for a virtual visit with a Vault test supervisor (required to get results); they will show you how to collect your saliva sample. You must not eat, drink, smoke, or chew anything for 30 minutes before your testing session.
- Ship your sample to the lab in Oakdale using a prepaid UPS package.
- Get your result 24 to 48 hours after your sample arrives at the lab.
Who Should Get Tested for COVID-19?
- Anyone who has any symptoms.
- Anyone who has had close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
- Anyone traveling or returning from travel.
- Anyone who has attended a high-risk activity.
- Anyone who is not fully vaccinated and who works in close contact with a lot of people.
- Anyone who is not fully vaccinated and who participates in in-person school, extracurricular activities, or sporting activities.
- People with immunocompromising conditions, even if fully vaccinated.
- Anyone who has been asked or referred to get tested by their health care provider, or state, tribal, local, or territorial health department.
Also see: MN Department of Health COVID-19 Testing Recommendations Chart (PDF)
Wearing Masks and Social Distancing to Protect Other People
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the CDC recommends that you should cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when in public, or when you are around other people.
Contact UMC Health Services with any questions.