Q: Should I notify the University if I have symptoms that resemble COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or have tested positive for COVID-19?
A: Contact Student Health Services with questions, updates, or concerns, 281-281-8512 or see your regular healthcare provider. These people can help you determine if you need to be tested. If you have tested positive, please Student Health Services.
Q: What happens if a case is found on campus, will the individual be allowed to remain on campus or will he or she be removed from the dorms/campus?
A: On October 4, 2021, Dr. Jakub Tolar provided an update on addressing positive COVID-19 cases "Informing Others".
Q: If I am a close contact with someone diagnosed with COVID-19, what do I do?
A: If you're fully vaccinated:
- Continue to attend classes and fully participate in all activities, including employment, or
- Stay home if you have symptoms. Get tested as soon as possible. Avoid others for at least 10 days since your symptoms appear or until you receive a negative test result.
- Without symptoms, get tested 3-5 days after the close contact or as soon as possible if you don’t know when you had close contact. Find out where you can get tested.
- Wear a mask indoors for 14 days following close contact or until your test result is negative.
If you're not fully vaccinated:
- Get tested as soon as possible and 3-5 days after the exposure. Consider regular testing after that. Find out where you can get tested.
- Stay home regardless of symptoms. Avoid others for up to 14 days. To find the appropriate number of days for your circumstances, use this COVID-19 quarantine and isolation calculator .
- Protect others in your household by wearing a mask, staying away from others, and taking other prevention steps.
Q: Can I quarantine or isolate off campus?
A: Yes, you can choose to leave campus while you quarantine or isolate. You cannot return to campus though, even just to your own residence hall room or apartment, until you have been cleared by Health Services after your quarantine/isolation is over.
Business Office FAQs
Financial Aid FAQs
Q: Will I receive extended deadlines for coursework if I am in quarantine or isolation?
A: Coursework deadlines are set by faculty and they may make adjustments as you communicate with them. It is your responsibility, though, to make sure your coursework is completed and turned in on time. The expectation is that you will be participating electronically with your classes and able to keep up with your courses.
Q: For classes offered online or with hybrid instruction, will the classes be offered only at normal class time (as in person) or will the classes be available for the students anytime during the day?
A: The nature of each course and its faculty member will determine how course content is delivered online or through a hybrid approach that blends in-person and online instruction. If the delivery involves all students meeting virtually at the same time (synchronously), the course will meet on its regularly scheduled days and times. Coursework might also be delivered asynchronously, in which case students would work on course segments at times that work best for them.
Q: Will there be tutoring, writing, advising and academic help online?
A: Yes, the Student Success Center offers their services both face-to-face or online, depending on your preference.
Dining Services FAQs
Q: What food options will be available on campus?
A: For the most up-to-date Dining Services food options, hours, and COVID guidelines, see the Dining Services website. For those students who are living on campus or in the Crookston area who may have unmet food needs, Eagle's Essentials Pantry is still available Monday-Friday in Owen 170 and is accessible via the Student Center doors.
Q: What sports are happening this fall 2021?
A: Yes, we are in full swing this fall. We have soccer, volleyball, men's and women's cross country, men's and women's golf, and equestrian.
Q: Will fans be allowed at athletic events?
A: Yes. We are back at full capacity, but fans are required to wear masks at home athletic events.
Q: What other ways can I watch athletic events at this time?
A: You can follow along with all home and select away events on the new NSIC Network.